It being in the springtime(那是在春天的時節)
and the small birds they were singing,(小鳥兒們在歌唱)
Down by yon shady harbour,(沿著遠處陰涼的涼亭)
I carelessly did stray,(我不經意間竟迷失了方向)
The thrushes they were warbling,(畫眉鳥柔和的唱著歌)
The violets they were charming (還有那嬌媚的紫羅蘭競相開放)
To view fond lovers talking,(看著多情的戀人們低語)
a while I did delay. (我停下了腳步)
She said,my dear(她說,親愛的)
don't leave me for another season,(請不要在任何季節離開我)
Though fortune does be pleasing (雖然命運將我們捉弄)
I 'll go along with you,(我還要與你在一起)
I 'll forsake friends and relations(我願放棄親友)
and bid this holy nation,(放棄愛爾蘭民族的祝愿)
And to the bonny Bann banks forever I 'll bid adieu. (還有美麗的巴恩河岸)
He said,my dear (他說,親愛的)
don't grieve(請不要悲傷)
or yet annoy my patience,(否則會困擾我的耐心)
You know I love you dearly the more I'm going away,(你要知道即使離開,我只會更強烈地愛你)
I'm going to a foreign nation(我要去一個遙遠的國度,)
to purchase a plantation,(買下遼闊的農場)
To comfort us here after all in Amerikay. (我們今後可以安居樂業一切盡在美利堅)
HO HO HO~~
Then after a short while(不久以後)
a fortune does be pleasing,(當一切都已經平息)
it'll cause them all to smile at our late going away,(我將讓所有人都因我們這次離別而幸福)
We'll be happy as Queen Victoria,(我們將像維多利亞女皇一樣快樂,)
all in her greatest glory,(有著她最偉大的榮耀)
We'll be drinking wine and porter all in Amerikay.(我們暢飲紅酒和黑啤酒,一切盡在美利堅)
If you were in your bed lying and thinking on dying,(如果你躺在床上正思考著死亡)
The sight of the lovely Bann banks,so your sorrow you'd give over,(只要想起可愛的巴恩河岸,美景便能讓你忘卻憂愁)
Or if were down one hour,(或許瞬間就會降臨,)
down in yon shady bower,(降臨在那幽暗的涼亭)
Pleasure would surround you,(快樂將圍繞著你,)
you'd think on death no more. (你將不會再想到死亡)
Then fare you well,(所以永別了吧,)
sweet Cragie Hill,(我可愛的克雷吉山巒,)
where often times I've roved,(我曾漫遊數次的地方)
I never thought my childhood days I 'd part you any more,(我以為從我孩童時期起就不會再和你分開)
Now we're sailing on the ocean for honour and promotion,(而如今我們卻航行在榮譽和重生的海洋裡)
And the bonny boats are sailing,way down by Doorin shore. (沿著多里安海岸,美麗的船兒在航行)