Holly Dunn(1957年8月22日生於德克薩斯州聖安東尼奧)是一個鄉村歌手,
其音樂同名專輯 Daddy's hands (父親的手) 入選1986年十大歌曲。
Holly Dunn 另兩首鄉村歌曲 ("Are You Ever Gonna Love Me",
"You Really Had Me Going") 曾拿下排行榜冠軍。
Holly Dunn (born August 22, 1957 in San Antonio, Texas)
is a country music artist who first found fame with her 1986 Top-10 hit "Daddy's Hands"
from her self-titled début album. Dunn has charted more than a dozen country singles,
two of which ("Are You Ever Gonna Love Me", "You Really Had Me Going") reaching the #1 spot.
Dunn is the daughter of a minister father. Her brother is country music songwriter Chris Waters,
with whom she has co-written much of her recorded material.
In 2003, Dunn announced her retirement from her musical career in order
to devote full time to her other passion, art.
Her paintings deal primarily with subjects from the southwestern United States,
and are available through the Peña Studio and Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
*************************************************
I remember Daddy´s hands, folded silently in prayer.
記得祈禱時,父親的手靜靜地合握;
And reaching out to hold me, when I had a nightmare.
當我作惡夢,他伸出手來擁抱我。
You could read quite a story, in the callouses and lines.
從他佈滿老繭和皺紋的手,能讀到許多故事,
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.
那是經年的工作和擔憂所遺留的刻痕。
I remember Daddy´s hands, how they held my Mama tight,
記得父親的手是如何地緊擁母親;
And patted my back, for something done right.
也記得,當我作了對的事,他如何輕拍我的背。
There are things that I´ve forgotten, that I loved about the man,
關於我愛他的事,有些已淡忘;
But I´ll always remember the love in Daddy´s hands.
但我將永遠記住從父親的手所傳遞給我的愛。
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
當我哭泣,父親的手是那麼溫柔與和善;
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
當我犯錯,父親的手堅實猶若鋼鐵。
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle,
他的手不總是輕柔,
But I´ve come to understand.
然而,我逐漸瞭解—
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.
父親的手總是充滿著愛。
I remember Daddy´s hands, working 'til they bled.
記得,父親的手不斷辛勤工作,直到滲血;
Sacrificed unselfishly, just to keep us all fed.
無私的犧牲,就只為讓家人溫飽。
If I could do things over, I´d live my life again.
如果一切能重來,我願再重活一遍,
And never take for granted the love in Daddy´s hands.
不再將父親藉由雙手傳遞的愛視為理所當然。
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin´.
當我哭泣,父親的手是那麼溫柔與和善;
Daddy´s hands, were hard as steel when I´d done wrong.
當我犯錯,父親的手堅實猶若鋼鐵。
Daddy´s hands, weren´t always gentle
他的手不總是輕柔,
But I´ve come to understand.
然而,我逐漸瞭解—
There was always love in Daddy´s hands.
父親的手總是充滿著愛。